Monday, October 13, 2014

Must Listen Band

Milky Chance

I'm dedicating my first blog to the band called Milky Chance.

This band is a fairly new one coming out of Germany.  The band consists of only two members,  the lead singer Clemens Rehbein and the DJ Philipp Dausch.  Both come from Kassel Germany. While they come from Germany, their lyrics are mainly sung in English, though not without an accent at certain points, but still very understandable. 

They mainly gained praise in 2013 for the single Stolen Dance.  Stolen Dance has recently come to the US and has been played on many local radio stations, which is how I discovered them.  I have since begun to listen to their songs from their Album, Sadnecessary, which was released in October of 2013 in Europe and re-released in the US October of 2014.

They have a very unique sound and style and I really enjoy their music.  Their lyrics aren't very complicated, but you can really relate to them and the sound and feel of their music is really great.

I recently had a chance to listen to a live recording of theirs from December of 2013 where they play the songs from their album Sadnecessary.  I was very impressed with their sound and clarity while live.  They are very good musicians and I look forward to future releases from them.  If you would like to catch the live recording, it can be found on Youtube as posted below along with just about all of their songs from the album:



Their music is definitely worth a listen.  It's really refreshing to find a new band that I enjoy this much.


No comments:

Post a Comment